Re: Pithdaros & Lament

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 18:02:32 -0500

Hal Bowman
>OK, let's look at the list. "Darkness on the fire." I don't know
>this one.

        My interpretation: an eclipse of the sun by the Dark/Dying Moon.

>Wolves on the water - Wolf Pirates? Death rides on the bear - Harrek
>or Lord Death on a Horse vs. Rathori?

        Obviously references to Harrek and the Wolf Pirates.

>Dragon returns on a tide of blood - Waertagi dragon ships? Argrath
>will call a dragon; is this it?

        Naw -- Argrath _is_ the dragon. The tide of blood is the slaughter and mindless killing that he brings with him.

Note: all IMO, and like other prophecies in Glorantha, other interpretations are probably correct, too.