Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #678

From: Paul Reilly <paul_at_artemis.phyast.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:05:41 -0400

In Glorantha Digest V2 #678 Cheiron writes:

"I think the reason I've been hitting this thread so hard is that there's a revisionist tendency in TOTRM, the Digest, and indeed in Greg's writings, to paint the Lunar Empire in a much more sympathetic light than the way our Sartarite PCs saw them back when I was an impressionable teenager (way back in the early eighties) spending a frightening portion of my free time in Glorantha. I think new understanding of the Lunars is terrific, in an illuminated God-Learning kind of way, but I think it's important to remember that the people of Sartar largely aren't illuminated God-Learners."

  Way back in the early eighties we ran pro-lunar Tarshites and Sartarites. There was a lot of pro lunar material back then: the Seven Mothers description in Cults of Prax, the connecting storyline in Cults of Terror, various cautionary notes. Read "Lunars and Chaos" from CoPrax for example.