Hazed

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 96 19:13 MET DST

Nick Brooke

>Looks like Joerg put the cat among the pigeons with his hazia leak.

As was my intention...

>As Loren has said before, when you want to understand why the Empire does
>something seemingly irrational, follow the money. Our own take on hazia
>has, therefore, been based on the idea that it is one of the Seven Imperial
>Monopolies.

A monopoly for trade or production might be one way to tackle the problem. How about a monopoly (or at least privilege) of _use_ of Hazia? Just like Cannabinol is legalized only in the form used (among others) by the Roman Catholic Church, why not make the right to use Hazia a privilege of e.g. full Lunar citizenship?

>"Letter from a Monopolist"

Nice bit.