Joerg goes overboard

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 13:41:06 -0500

Joerg:
> HQing _is_ about personal experiences shared with others.

        This is too sweeping a statement. HQing is about:

1) personal experiences shared with others, or
2) personal experiences, or
3) group experiences

Example 1) a clan re-enacting a cult ritual during Sacred Time (LBQ?). Example 2) the search for Illumination (Lunar T&J'rs), or

        just about anything Sir Ethilrist or Harrek ever did. Example 3) the 'blooding' ceremony used by the Lunars to create a new

	phalanx's wyter (as described by Nick Brooke).  This no doubt
	has a profound effect on many/most of the individual soldiers,
	but that's not the point of the ritual.  The point of the
	ritual is to create a wyter, and bind the _regiment_ more
	closely together.  Any personal effects of Illumination and/or
	disgust are secondary, if not down-right side-effects.

> <snip> (Which are the only reason why I think that Loskalm
> stands a chance to keep the KoW at bay for as long as it takes Argrath
> to go on his LBQ, the Loskalmi wizard-knight-questers can use the
> resource of men's dreams which the KoW has cut itself from, thus they
> can defy the harsh and brutal reality of the KoW with romantic and
> dreamlike stunts.)

        The KoW has cut itself of from dreams? No dreams of Death, Destruction, Pillage, Conquest, etc? I don't think so. Let us not forget the 100 Gods of War.

                Andrew Joelson

PS Orlanth-Cola, official sponsor of Glorantha Con IV!

	 Rosemont, Illinois   Jan 24-26, 1997
	Orlanth-Cola, a real Windy City drink!