obscura triviae

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 15:08:36 +1200

Sandy Petersen:

> _Sea Storm_ = one of the five Usurpers from Ignorance. All
>opposed the Emperor and all were ultimately defeated. They came
>serially, not all in a group.

The Five Usurpers from Ignorance? Are the other four are the Shadow Cancer, Secret Waters, Earth Eater and Star Permutator?

Simon Phipp:

>Nick Brooke says that I Fought, We Won was the prime Malkioni myth, known
>in many places because of the God Learners and their travels. However,
>the Dragonewts were a part of the IFWW (aaagh, an abbreviation) through
>Resistance in Weakness, and I defy anyone to explain how the God Learners
>influenced Dragonewt or Draconic thinking (outside the False Dragon Ring,
>which doesn't count).

The Dragonewts did pick up some human concepts via the First Council and the EWF. Their way does not survive unchanging in a vacuum. For instance, Heart of Weakness taught the other Dragonewts how to co-operate with the rest of sapiency. Since the God Learners were at the Machine City less than 100 miles to the south, I don't see why the Dragonewts should be completely immune from their concepts (although they may lose a lot in the translation).