Vadeli Encounters and Campaign Location

From: Harry Bowman <hbowman_at_Morgan.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:24:28 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy,

First, a big thank you to those who responded to my Pithdaros Agi info pleas. I plan on getting the Book of Drastic Resolutions to help decipher the 11 Generations Lament. I will also go back over the archives to ID at what point in the upcoming Hero Wars, according to KoS, one could say Gbaji returns, since that is supposedly when and where the PA's will go. Note, this comment is not intended to provoke speculation on this topic.

Anyway, I plan to have Vadeli encounters pretty soon, and that is an result of my campaign's "location": The whole damn lozenge. My players started out as typical Praxian nobodies in River of Cradles. One of them hears of Pamaltela (she's plays a 1.5 woman) and that that is where her people are from originally.

She asks the LM's where that is. They answer. The player (not the PC) expresses a desire to have her character go there. The other players echo this. One player starts a new character: a Dormal sailor, with just enough shiphandling to make this an almost safe trip (he capsizes only once, with help nearby). Another PC, with a bunch of cash, bankrolls the trip.

I aim to please and cobble together and mutate a bunch of TotRM scenarios to handle a trip from Corflu to Melib - I intercept the PC's and move them away from Teleos and the Isles on a floating island (TotRM #10, with mods) - to Goan to Jolar to the confluence of the Barinso and the Soe. The filed return plan is: to Goan to Kitale to Jrustela to Nolos to Handra to Notchet to Karse to Corflu.

Since I have largely exhausted my scenario options and have little time during the school year (a good lecture for my students is better than a good scenario for my players) for extensive prepping, I'm tempted to shut this down and pick up another prepped campaign - Vikings or Griffin Mountain or the Troll Pack stuff.

So my campaign was in Prax and is now all over. The Vadeli encounters are likely in Fonrit (maybe), Jrustela, and Nolos, and the seas between. I suggest to everyone everywhere : For your own sanity, run campaigns set before the Opening. Or better, in Charg. Or better yet, in that little blob west of Charg, still under the Ban.

Hal Bowman hbowman_at_morgan.edu