Gagarthi

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 Aug 96 15:50:14 EDT

Martin writes:

> I think that the Orlanthi Gargarthi don't create Wirvilishes but instead
> create some kind of Windwraith or can summon a restless spirit to their
> instead. Similar effect though.

I agree about no Whirlvishes in Sartar; I thought the spectral hounds of the Wild Hunt might be a good replacement, chasing lost souls through the wilderness on dark and stormy nights... Though whether they'd be like East Anglia's headless or one-eyed Black Dogs* (cf. the Anglia chapter of Pendragon's "Blood and Lust" for folklore) or the white, red-eared hounds of Celtic myth, I dunno. Get chrome for them from any of the modern fantasy novels which use/abuse Wild Hunt imagery.