Swedish snow

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 96 22:33:56

Erik:
>Then, Swedes (as well as other Northerners in general) have one MAJOR
>reason to dislike snowless winters: I think every winter there is at
>least one MAJOR sports event cancelled or moved because of the lack
>of snow, or at least made much more expensive.

I hereby proclaim myself as a heretic swede. Not only do I hate winter with a passion, I hate snow even more, and the above mentioned reason to want snow has always struck me as absolutely ridiculous.

It's bad enough to have to watch the precipitation lie around polluting the ground. But then some people have to slither around on it with pieces of wood (or plastic) tied to their feet!

End of rant (yes I have enjoyed our recent heat wave immensely).

Nils Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.angelfire.com/pages1/nilsw/index.html