Elfsense and Valind

From: Nick_Brooke_at_deloitte.touche.co.uk
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 96 10:24:19 PST

I like Neil Smith's take on "Elfsense", especially the comment on how only truly weird elves could ever leave the Forest. Fits nicely with my own belief about seasonally-affected personalities for mature elves, which PC elves haven't yet "grown into".

And Erik's re: worshipping Valind because the *real* gods of cold and ice are far far worse than this Orlanthi winter-god. The Carmanians have some *big* hangups about Winter; Finula McCaul once suggested that they suffer from extremes of Seasonally Affected Disorder, just like all those morose Swedes and suicidal Alaskans... :-)

Nick