Zorak Zorani Sorcerers?

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 15:22:31 +1200

Cromlech:

>I have a question My Stygian adept (in waiting) follows Arkat
>the troll can he join Zorack Zoran and recive Devine magic if
>so is it one use forever or can he become a death lord
>(eventualy).

Umm, is he a human or a troll? Where exactly does he operate?

Some temples of Zorak Zoran use sorcery quite happily. Most of these are in Ralios. Others see it as unnatural magic and would hamper the career of an initiate who moved in from another area or refuse admission to those who tried to join the temple (if they didn't eat him for presumption first).

I don't see any problem in having reusuable divine magic and an adept level in sorcery. It is just a lot harder to achieve. Most Stygian magicians IMO concentrate on one aspect to the neglect of the other. Frex a Stygian wizard may know a lot of sorcery spells and enchantments but he would be mediocre in divine magic. However if this wizard was to do a sorcery-only duel against a Rokari wizard with the same amount of experience, then I would expect the Rokari to win the duel.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #150