Re: LBQ; air goddess; rites of passage

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 21:45:42 -0700

Saravan Peacock wondered

> How would a Lightbringer Quest Ritual appear to/be experienced by
> Orlanthi worshippers participating in Sacred Time ceremonies

When Orlanth went on the Lightbringer's Quest, he summoned 49000 Vingkotlings (i.e. pre-Dawn Theyalans) to help fight the Luatha. At the very least, I suspect any clan warrior would participate in this. There might also be chances to be Ginna Jar (I suspect during a heroquest, different people fill this role at different times).

"Menstruation" is of course a convenient term, though the period probably doesn't correspond to any celestial object, and it'd have a different name in Glorantha.

Joerg wrote to Sandy

> I missed Entekos in your listing of air/storm deities, too.

Isn't she Molanni?

Loren wrote

> And when I return ... I will have passed the
> only traditional rite of passage to adulthood that we still have in
> the majority culture of the USA.

I always thought driver's license and drinking age were the adulthood rites. Marriage is a *different* rite of passage, one you normally take only when an adult. (Baby showers are probably rites of passage; funerals definitely are.)

Congratulations to you and Stacey! (I will be participating in another wedding the same day, in a very different role.)