LBQ and IFWW during Sacred Time.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 21:59:06 GMT

Saravan Peacock wants to know:
> Can someone tell me: How would a Lightbringer Quest Ritual and/or an I
> Fought We Won Ritual appear to/be experienced by Orlanthi worshippers
> participating in the Sacred Time ceremonies to renew the world. Alternately
> or in Addition what other magical experiences do they go through at this
> time of the year.

I think that there would be two strands and I'm not sure which one would be the more usual for Orlanthi.

Strand one is those who, in spirit and recreation, travel with the Lightbringers to Hell. This is a more team oriented aspect of the myth although with moments of isolation as the participants experience the moment of despair when all companions fail.

Strand two is those who, in spirit and recreation, stay behind and suffer the no less deadly perils of the Storm Age and finally emerge as the culture hero to experience the personal and individual triumph of the IFWW. This would have communal elements in the begining but the quester must face the final test alone.

Perhaps the choice as to who does what is dependent on social functions (farmers stay at home, warriors go off to find solutions) or on individual personality. (Team workers go to Hell, individualists stay at home.)

But both must be performed for the ritual to be complete. - --
Michael Cule
Actor and Genius

AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop of the Far Isles Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistando (Resistance is Uslesss) Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.