Glamour

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 06:34:28 +0800

>And finally is the Red Goddess of the modern age fully identified with Sedenya
>the Red Moon-Related Goddess who was destroyed by one of the early Emperors?

        I think they are considered the same by Lunar theologians. I doubt they go out of their way to stress this point to the Yelmics, though. If pressed, they would probably say that both deities have learnt things since then and they are no longer opposed.

>Was Merinita (the city she crashed on) the same site as modern Glamour?

No.
Personally, I think that the moon was blue by the time it crashed, and where it fell is now the blue moon plateau.

        I think Glamour is where it is because of the map in GRoY - or rather the moon is. The moon is where it is because it is an attempt to rebuild Yuthubars, the Deipolis where the gods hovered over Peloria in the Golden Age.

        I have also heard Greg say that it is where it is because of a mistake - I think Yuthubars was supposed to be directly above the Footstool just outside Raibanth, but this was indictated on the map with a crude attempt at orthographic projection, showing it above and to the left of Raibanth. The Red Goddess (who had a copy of GRoY from her friend Yelmgatha) misinterpreted this. Of course, it worked anyway.

        Cheers
                Dave