otter hunts in Farpoint

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 10:31:00 -0700

John and Michael -

Thanks for the Far Point calendar! I'm sure we will make good use of it in Ormsthane vale. Now to translate it to the lower Oslir Valley...

One question: why do the folk of Farpoint specifically hunt badgers and otters - if not for fur? (They are hunted in fire season - all the other fur animals are hunted in dark season.) Otters never struck me as particularly plump or tasty, and must be tough to catch. Are they destroyed as competitors?

Are there any wild alynxes or other feline predators in the Farpoint area? Anything like bobcats, lynx, or mountain lions? After all, southern Peloria has the (DH) sakkar, which seems to be a sort of fierce mountain lion or small leopard, and that's geopraphically pretty close.

Just wondering -

Pam