[none]

From: jd1196_at_rtccnh1.serigate.philips.nl
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 17:31:23 +0200

Hi all

Vadeli

I think that the Vadeli are three independant races that have a symbiotic relation with each other.
Each Vadeli race can live alone (as shown by the Brown).

They are described as castes because the Brithini have castes within their society. The writer's bias showed.

When a Vadeli transforms someone into a Vadeli, the new Vadeli has the same colour as his mentor.
The transformation is difficult and likely to kill the victim. The older the victim is, the more dangerous is the transformation, because the victim has memories of its past life, and often a protection from a god.
Have you noticed that the Vadeli are heavily involved in the slave trade? ...

Waertagi

Sandy made a point about the relations between the mermen and the Waertagi.
I think that the relation went both ways.

When the Waertagi are within a mermen kingdom, they use the mermen to communicate between their dragonships.
While they are within the kingdom, the Waertagi do the mermen's metallurgy that needs heat. This craft is in my opinion very difficult to do for the average merman. It is not that they cannot learn the craft, or that they lack hands. They work better when they are in the water, while in this environment they will boil (and die) long before the metal is hot enough.

Sea travel while swimming is possible but very dangerous. When mermen want to reach another mermen kingdom, it is safer and faster to do it in a Waertagi dragonship.

	Peace
		Jean