Rokari Castes

From: Andrew O. Mellinger <andrew_at_criticalpath.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:10:00 -0700

   I've got some questions about Rokari castes for people to ponder.

Wizards:

  In the TotRM Rokarism aritcle it talks about 'Most of the Wizards study in the Rokari Monasteries.' How much is most? 80% What happen to the rest? Would a powerful wizard train his sons and keep a household of servants and child-bearing peasants?
  Does the military maintain a wizard legion?   It hints in places that Rokar wizards are not allowed to use weapons (and armor), but it isn't explicity stated as a sin. Is there a small subset of common weapons they can use? Staff?
  Are all wizards priests? If not, how do their roles differ. If so, what are the roles of Wizard priests in Rokari society? My guess is the same as any priestly role, but being Glorantha...

Lords:

  Nowhere does it state that the Lords are limited from learing spells. It say "They commonly learn..." But are they restricted from others? The only restriction I could find was to Intensity.

Knights:

  It says that menial labor is a Sin. How do the armies function? Are they followed around by a large group of Peasants to maintain them? Granted the knights would have servants, but even the common soldier?

Lineage:

  Are bastards considered their father's caste? Is marriage a requirement for caste lineage? What caste are widows?