More Lunar stuff wanted

From: RobStoll_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 16:38:59 -0400

In the Digest V3 #156, Lewis Jardine said:

> Steven Barnes makes a very worthy plea that GtG is primarily
> set in the Lunar Empire. I must heartily agree as it is time that
> the virtues of civilization were praised and expounded over the
> simple rustic pleasures of a bunch of hick barbarians ...
>
> I would love to see the players given the opportunity to play civilized
> people who are for one reason or another forced to journey into the
> perilous wilds ...

Try and locate a copy of the old campaign pack, "Borderlands". It fits your description, more or less. The players end up working as mercs for a Duke in the Grantlands, and come into contact with folks from Prax, The River of Cradles, and more (and there's a guest appearance from a certain Duck last seen in the Apple Lane area). I bought one off the internet, from an auction. E-mail me for details on how to find the electronic gaming auctions.

> Its about time the megacorp showed the world the virtues of the Lunar
> way and educated the masses so that they too can understand and enjoy
> the benefits of the Red Goddess.

Or somebody did. A while back, Avaalon Hill was advertising a two part supplement (separate GM and Player books) called "Soldiers of the Red Moon." These were supposed to come out in Spring '95, but obviously, they never did. I called them to order one, and was told that it had been decided to drop that project. I don't know any of the further details, if anyone does, I'd be interested in hearing them. Add my voice to the chorus of folks asking for more Lunar stuff. Even if I don't intend to play one, the material will be useful (especially when it's my turn to GM in our RQ game).

robert

"Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Tattulhu Fantasy Island wgah'nagl fhtagn." "In his house at Fantasy Island dead Tattoo waits dreaming." (trans.)

Ia! Ia! Tattulhu fhtagn! The guest stars are right!