Re: Separate lists (No) and sarcasm.

From: Timothy Byrd <tbyrd_at_microsim.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 96 14:14:54 PST

[Doyle Wayne Ramos-Tavener argues against a separate G:tG list and says Bad Things about RuneQuest.]

I think there is a much more powerful reason to write a new ruleset to go underneath Glorantha. Avalon Hill has the rights to RuneQuest.

> Even Greg has publicly declared (at Origins '93) that the presence
> of RQ allowed him to 'focus' on an area he previously glossed over:
> the emotions, ideas and beliefs of the common human being in
> Glorantha. [...]

I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. It sounds to me as if RQ is a *good* thing - providing a base that enabled Greg to continue his exploration of Glorantha.

Mixing discussion of G:tG onto this list makes sense to me. As it is, the air tends to get a bit thin here. Throwing in stuff about the mechanics of the rules, our model of the mythical structure, might help the balance here.