Re: Vadeli and Malasp

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 96 19:17:25 -0500

> 5) The cost of Fonrit and Laskal is currently in bondage to

>the Malasp.

Peter Metcalfe

>I thought it was the Umathelan Coast that was in bondage as Laskal
>is on the other side of the Fonritan Pennisula.

        Both are in bondage. Umathela rather worse than Laskal, and Laskal worse than Fonrit.

>There is a Vadeli City of Garanz in Umathela and one wonders how the
>Vadeli are getting along with the Malasp.

        Like gangbusters.

>I know the Uz of Jrustela sacrifice humans to ensure Malasp
>goodwill.

        Of course the Vadeli never do such horrible things. Just ask 'em.

>considering that Golden Kareshtu is a Great Naval power and Afadjann
>is pretty good itself, I wonder whether they are actually courting
>the Malasp into an alliance rather than being in bondage?

        Kareeshtu and Afadjann don't have trouble with the mermen. They pay a yearly fee (of unknown nature) and aren't bothered by them. Maybe because they have a secret deal. Maybe because they're negotiating as Peter suggests. Maybe because the Malasp are content to prey on the weak rather than the strong.

>The Mostali have some indigenous form of sorcery and people don't
>seem to go out of their way to malign the Mostali. \

        Who needs to? It would be a total waste of effort, like inventing false atrocity stories about the Nazis in WWII. The truth is bad enough.

Sandy

P.S. (Please, no pedantic posts to inform me about the existence of false atrocity tales about the Nazis. All I said was they were a waste of effort, not that they didn't exist.)