trivia

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:11:06 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner:

[Book of Kings]

Did the Book of Kings ever mention the Sidanings? LoT says they ruled in Seshnela before the Dawn but pratciced incest...

>He also introduced the worship of Yelm to his kingdom (at about the
>same time Jorilland turned to Yelm worship, and used chariots and
>bows in battle).

Is Ehilm ever mentioned?

[Other stuff]

>Ok, the Fronelan Malkioni did have problems with the White Bear Empire in
>the early 3rd Age, built around a powerful leader called Black Hralf the
>Weasel.

IMO The White Bear Empire was a defensive confederation which invoked the Polar Bear God to defend the Rathori (by allowing them to attack in winter) against Black Hralf and the Arrolians.

>The Blue People of Peloria turn out to be adherents of a Kingdom
>of Logic, and sorcerers.

The Blue People don't seem to be sorcerers. YarGan allowed them to settle within his land is what the Entekosiad seems to say. Although the Entekosiad paints them as a local development, some could have migrated up the Janube River from Sog City.

>I'm also still puzzled where the Haragalans get their divine sun magics.

Greg Fried has spoken of the Brotherhood of the Sun which is based in Haragala but everybody can join. The Brothers can operate shipborne Sunscopes which operates only in clear weather...

>pity that Harrek did not command the Ice Serpent in this battle...)

But then Harrek is a Big Bully and a Common Pirate who has no respect for the traditions of heroic grandeur...

>Loon Island

Perhaps it was named for the Giant Cranes mentioned in KoS?