being silly

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 1996 14:16:15 +1200

John Hughes:

>Badgers are below the dignity of a serious hunter.

We don't hunt no steenkin' badgers!

Joerg Baumgartner:

>Where in Glorantha did the term "hsunchen" originate, anyway? I doubt it is
>part of a hypothetical common hsunchen language. It might have been the word
>for "people" in one of the first "hsunchen" culture examined by the God
>Learners, though, paralleling names like "Graeci" for all the Hellenes and
>not just that northwestern tribe.

It says in the languages of Glorantha section that such a name been common wherever hsunchen have dwelt. Although since most of these places have suffered God Learner penetration (Tarien and the Six-legged Empire, Shan-shan and the False Dragons Ring etc), the God Learner spread of the word is plausible.

I'd always thought however that Hsunchen was the name the hsunchen themselves had their primal ancestor in West Central Genertela and that the western name Hykim came about via a combination of inadequate orthography and the Silence.