Glorantha menstruation

From: Ian or Katts <ianw_at_mail.magna.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 09:24:09 +1000 (EST)

> From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96 20:04:12 -0500
> Subject: Re: Gloranthan menstruation
>
> Jane Williams
> >BTW, does anyone have a Gloranthan mythic reason for menstruation?
>
> THE GLORANTHAN SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION FOR MENSTRUATION (believed in
> by at least one group of Lhankor Mhys or Westerners)
> Every four weeks a woman has emissions from her womb. When
> she is pregnant, these emissions cease. Obviously, the male's purpose
> during sex is to inject a sort of glue to wall up the female's womb,
> so the emissions are kept within her body. There, they collect and
> grow and solidify until a tiny person is formed.

Hello all, Katts here, Ian's wife, hence the Ian or Katts header. I don't usually even read this digest, but this thread was interesting to me. Sandy follows this with other really interesting mythic reasons for menstruation, but as someone who has given birth to a child, I have to wonder something:

        How would you explain in mythic terms the fluid loss in delivery of a baby, and the 3 weeks of blood loss afterward in what is essentially 9 months worth of menstruation?