Where on earth is Argrath???

From: klaiberl_at_cips01.physik.uni-bonn.de
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 96 09:52:19 +0200

Hi, friends of Glorantha,
                          me being a newbie round here, it's absolutely possible
that this question has been discussed to death already, but maybe it's worth further discussion nevertheless...
Reading the "King of Sartar" and the RuneQuest stuff covering Pavis and the Zola Fel valley, I couldn't help wondering if there's an official version who exactly Argrath is and what he's been doing until 1624 S.T.. The divers "Argrath Sagas" are of no help here, because they're written a good deal after Argrath's time and have a strong hagiographic slant in favour of Argrath (and Harrek in the southern version). "Argrath of Pavis" is more or less anti-hagiographic, depicting Argrath as an ordinary bandit, but it contradicts commonly known facts in stating that he stayed in Pavis throughout the occupation period and never ventured to Prax or the Homeward Ocean (saving the giant's cradle in the process). The CHDP, being the only scientific contemporary source (written in 1640 S.T.), doesn't mention Argrath up to the Praxian attack on Corflu in 1624 S.T.. So we are out here guessing.
So could somebody please tell me, what has happened until then and especially what is known about the events surrounding Argrath's story to the people of Sartar, Prax and the Zola Fel valley. If there's no official version, what is consensus?

               Thanks for your help, Jonas