Trollball Roolz

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 23:39:56 +1000

G'day all,

Trollball Roolz,

Joerg, the Mad German:
>You did not mention those conventions you did not attend:

Joerg, a most egregious ommission! Obviously, the intro should have read:

LIVE ACTION TROLLBALL... ...As played at:

     RQ Con I (1994), Baltimore USA
     Convulsion '94, Liecester UK
     Dragonmeet '94, Kiel Germany
     RQ Con II (1995), San Fransisco USA
     German RQ-Con '95, Berlin Germany
     Dragonmeet '95, Kiel Germany
     RQ Con Down Under (1996), Melbourne Australia*
     German RQ-Con '96, Bacharach Germany*
     Convulsion '96, Liecester UK
     Dragonmeet '96, Kiel Germany
         *see David Dunham's web page for action photos!

If LATB has been played anywhere else, please let me know and I'll add it to the list. The fast, full crunch version so beloved of John Hughes has been played at the annual Necronomicon in Sydney Australia for years, but not using the Dynamation(tm) rules that Nils and I desperately dreamed up for RQ Con I. Dave Cheng knew that Trollball was played in Australia, I was Australian, so obviously I was an expert! Unfortunately, I had never seen it! Nontheless, Dave had me down to run it, and so was born the slo-mo-with-spells variant (at about 2am the night before the match, which was played in snow at temperatures below freezing!)

>Thanks for posting the rules, MOB.

No worries, mate! Just sorry I left out the thriving German LATB League.

MOB