Argrath--myth or fiction?

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 15:20:29 -0400 (EDT)

Jonas writes:
>So could somebody please tell me, what has happened until then and especially
>what is known about the events surrounding Argrath's story to the people of
>Sartar, Prax and the Zola Fel valley. If there's no official version, what is
>consensus?

There's two answers, as I see it.
1. The game answer. Argrath is whoever you want him to be. If you want him to be Garrath Sharpsword of Pavis, a mysterious adventurer secretly heir to Sartar, then he is.
2. The world answer. We don't know. We do know that "Argrath" means "Liberator" in Sartarite (RQ Con Compendium, page 55). That explains a lot, at least to me. There is no consensus, either in Glorantha or on this list, beyond that. Look for more exploration from various perspectives in Chaosium's forthcoming fiction anthology, "Heroes of the King," due who-knows-when.