Announcement: New RQ/Glorantha Products

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 16:41:00 -0400 (EDT)

wo new Gloranthan modules for RuneQuest, from Avalon Hill Authors: Harald Smith and James Polk
Developer: Martin Crim

We have signed a contract for these two modules and have produced finished manuscripts. The manuscripts are presently at Chaosium for Greg Stafford's review. Greg is familiar with Harald's work on Imther, and we have used all information available to us about Greg's current thinking on the subject of Pelorian religion and culture, but we have not yet gotten official approval for this project.

We are also actively soliciting artwork. E-mail MCrim_at_erols.com for information if you are an artist and would like to contribute.

Assuming we can get Greg's approval and sufficient artwork, publication may be as early as the first quarter of 1997.

Edge of Empire

Introducing the Lunar Allied Kingdom of Imther

Surrounded by Wild and Primitive Lands to the East, the Mad Sultanate of Tork to the North, and jealous neighbors to the West and South, the Kingdom of Imther struggles to maintain a balance between the needs of its own, ancient culture and the demands of the Lunar Empire. Characters participate in the cycles of rural life in the Southlands, facing magical challenges in a time of change. A boar hunt or a traditional feast may not be what they seem.

This module contains new cults, new adventures, and a new view of the mighty Lunar Empire. The module expresses the quirky sense of place familiar to readers of New Lolon Gospel, but focuses on playable material.

Winds of Deception

Focusing on the Imtherian city of Hortugarth

Once a peaceful and prosperous city, Hortugarth is now filled with intrigue and suspicion. A border city cursed with prosperity, it has become an arena where the prerogatives of the old nobility clash with the ambitions of the new merchant elite. Here, a simple tax on cider can precipitate riots, assassination, corruption, and possible rebellion.

This module contains more new cults, more new adventures, and a description of the Imtherian city of Hortugarth (complete with maps). Scenarios allow the player characters to participate in intrigue as they learn their way around the city.