Re: Argrath's Identity

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 96 22:28 MET DST

Jonas asked:
>So could somebody please tell me, what has happened until then and especially
>what is known about the events surrounding Argrath's story to the people of
>Sartar, Prax and the Zola Fel valley. If there's no official version, what is
>consensus?

There are a few uncontradictory identifications for Argrath up to 1625 which have been agreed upon. Genertela Book makes it clear that prior to 1621 Argrath "hides" in Prax or the Wastelands, gathering allies and allegiances and biding his time.

The Argrath Saga states that Argrath arrived in Pavis shortly after he slew a Lunar tax collector at age 13. While no official date is given, nor is likely to appear, MOB's guess that this happened around 1603 is quite good.

Argrath spent some years of his young adulthood with the bison tribe.

Argrath's appearance at the liberation of the Cradle seems to be commonly accepted, and this was in the guise of Garrath Sharpsword. The same Garrath Sharpsword appears in Pavis from 1617 on. (If you choose to believe in an Argrath team, Garrath Sharpsword is a good candidate.)

From 1621 to 1624 Argrath definitely is out of the game, unless you play on the trail of the Cradle.

I doubt that Argrath is known by many people in Sartar. His failure to appear in the 1613 rebellion makes me suspect that he was deep in the Wastelands with the Bison people when this happened. Afterwards, his actions are centered upon the city of Pavis, and there are few reasons for him to enter Sartar at all.