Re: How does Sense Assassin work?

From: Gbaji_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 01:47:23 -0400

Michael Cule asks:

> A query that has arisen from my game: How does the
> Humakti skill Sense Assasin work?

That depends on your interpretation.

I've always played Sense Assassin as part knowledge and part sixth sense, known amongst Humakti as "having cultivated a healthy sense of paranoia." Possession of the Sense Assassin skill is like having a permanent Detect Enemy in effect, one which requires experience to sort out but costs no magic points to use. It works at all times, even when the Humakti is asleep, thus making it difficult at least to waylay any group containing a Humakti so gifted.

It IS a gift from Humakt, after all....

> Does anyone else think I'm being unfair about this?

I don't think you're being unfair, as we are speaking about your own campaign and you are allowed to make whatever decisions concerning it that you desire. If your player chooses to argue, point out that, when he or she decides to gamemaster, the decision will be his or hers to make but for now it is yours. Best of luck.

Michael Schwartz
gbaji_at_aol.com