G:tG

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 16:43:25 -0500 (CDT)

mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie> said

> I hope G:tG retains Pendragon's elegant simplicity and
> neat bells & whistles like quick, descriptive combat and personality traits.

Such wonderful descriptive combats as "He swings the axe. A critical! (noise of 14 D6 being rolled) Take 49 points of damage. You armor absorbs 20. You're dead." I just love not having the ability to interfere with incoming attacks. NOT.

> Whatsmore
> you can use anything that produces a linear array of random numbers (such
> as a roulette wheel or pack of cards) as a "die". Also to the good it
> works as well with peasant farmers as with Argrath and Harrek unlike RQ
> or Pendragon.

Why is linear probability good? It does mean that game designers that slept through "introduction to statistics" can avoid producing abortions like 1st edition shadowrun, but I don't really want to make my game stupid so the designers don't have to think. In reality, life isn't linear.

Kevin Rose