Pharoah

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 02:41:22 +0800

>The Pharaoh can evolve new magics or assume old ones to rule those
>lands which he has conquered.

        And, indeed, has probably done this in principle at least six times already (between 1313 and 1318 admittedly), which is how he got to be the Pharaoh anyway. Adding a few more lands and a few more rituals should be well within his personal magical ability.

        I think the reason why he hasn't been able to establish a permanent hold over the Ditali is purely and simply military. His large quantity's of inferior troops from Esrolia have enough sheer numbers to keep the Ditali from invading, and keep other at bay, but are no use against raiders, or as an expeditionary force. And the Pharoah has probably no great desire or reason to invade the Ditali lands (he knows keeping control would probably be hell, for a start), but probably wants them to stop raiding.

        Or who knows? Maybe he likes the Ditali raiders, because it gives the matriarchy something to worry about instead of pressuring him.

        Cheers
                David

PS Speaking of Esrolia, I subscribed to the esrola list ages and ages ago, and got nothing at all, then suddenly today I got a pile of old messages, some sent in march, that looked like they had been stalled on a mailserver somewhere, with horribly munged headers. Anyone else?