Assassins and Wolverines

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 13:32:28 +0100

Sense Assassin:
We have viciously changed the rules. For us, Sense Assassin is now more like Sense Death; it allows the user to feel the threat of death to anyone near. It isn't consciously used (in game terms, the GM rolls). It is a supernatural sense like Sense Chaos, and almost even vaguer. You'll feel whom is threatened, but it needs luck and experience (ie a good d% roll) to tell by whom or what. The sense gets dulled in the vincinity of great amounts of "death", like on a battlefield or a plague site. Humakti say that they simply feel the god's presence; He will be ready if anyone (murderer, disease spirit, old age aka Ty Kora Tek) is about to end someone's life.

Pam Carlsson:
> Joerg and I have already gone over this a bit ourselves. In the RW,
> wolverines are boreal animals - they live very far north. In Glorantha,
> they might live in N Pent, or maybe in isolated groups on the bigger
> mountains, like Wintertop. Maybe they're minions of Valind?
They certainly are! They are just like him - greedy, clever, selfish bastards. You should know that the wolverine used to be a legendary glutton. It would stuff itself with meat, then it would press itself between to trees, forcing the food out of its belly so it could eat even more. More than the lynx and the wolf, the wolverine can wreak real havoc with herds (usually reindeer, due to its favorite climate) or stores of food. The Same of northern Scandinavia are said to have respected the bear, feared the wolf and hated the wolverine.

Erik Sieurin