Ostriches and Dragonewts

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 17:18:00 -0400

richardc_at_sypte.co.uk

There was an article published in Heroes that described the Ostrich Riders. I don't have the volume number just here.

They were an adopted Praxian people. The ostriches were once flighted birds but were crippled in the God's War. They were adopted by Eiretha. The riders have adopted the worship of Eiretha and Waha, but have a very strong Solar worship because of their ancient ties.

They use boomerangs as a unique weapon.

They have some very peculiar family structures. I'd have to re-read the article to get all the details straight. But they are not monogamous and their geneologies are all messed up which limits their access to Solar magic which requires a strict patriarchal geneology.

No dragonewt connection was suggested. That might be better applied to the Bolo Lizard people.