seconded...

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 08:55:03 -0500

Jim Chapin:
> Judging by the comments on this line, I must be in the minority of
> Gloranthaphiles who is not particularly a fan of Pendragon.

        Me too. I have tried PenDragon several times and not been impressed. My single worst experience was, in fact, at a Chaosium sponsored demo run at Gen Con several years ago. Amongst other things, the judge used the character traits=behavior straight-jacket technique. Give me RQ any time.

        I understand that Greg and the Gang are trying to give us a game with more ties between the PCs and the community. But the emphasis on PC/ community interaction is something that the gamemaster can provide if he wants to, and ignore if he doesn't. Let's not cast it into stone; I would not like to see G:tRPG become "Sir Kay's adventures in Faerie'.

Andrew Joelson				    joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanifal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /