Re: Spirits, Sorcerors, and Shamans

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:37:52 -0400

Henk Langeveld writes:

<< While the natives *knew* the buffalo intimately, and depended on it for their life, the white hunters with their rifles knew far better how to kill the animals. >>

I agree with you except:

The white hunters (and eventually natives using the tools of the white hunter) hunted them so well that it caused alot of disruption in the areas ecologically and also nearly wiped them out.

The example you give is one that both hunters are able to engage the equal footing, Shamans have a home ground advantage (and also incredible mobility compared to a Sorcerer) while the Sorcerer has to look into the Spirit Plane unless he has developed a discorporation spell, then he also has to work out defenses for his body. If the Spirit is summoned the Sorcerer has to Multispell a Dominate (and hope it works) or have help.

And it does not consider that some of the Spirits hunted would be intelligent and be able to fight back with similiar weapons (if not tougher weapons). Also I would much rather be a discorporate Shaman if a "herd" of spirits was pissed with me.