Toilet Paper, Galvosti Saints and Clans

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:17:58 +1200

Jim Chapin:

>The toilet paper question was interesting -- and I wonder if anyone has
>an answer?

  1. A stick with leaves on the end. Hazardous for use in the nighttime because people can get the wrong end of the stick...
  2. The left hand (wash afterwards). One does not use the left hand to handle food nor to shake hands.
  3. Bidets.
  4. Gold Leaf. As used by the extremely rich.

Jean Durupt aka Agent JD1196:

>Do the Galvosti worship saints (ie give POW tohave access to the
>blessing)? If, as I think, they don't, do they have access to the
>saints' blessings?

Well the Galvosti do have saints (St Nomia for one) and have access to their blessings. The only Malkioni who don't have saints are the Brithini.

Andrew Behan:

>IMVHO Pelorian ancestor worship is a purely personal matter & works like
>this. Within each clan when a child is born they are named after the last
>person who died.

I disagree that ancestor worship can be both at a clan level and purely personal. If it is at a clan level, then it is a *public* matter. Some Ancestors are so powerful that they are state-supported cults (cf Alkor in Alkoth, Raiba in Raibanth and Yelm).