Childbirth and Safelster

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 12:53:28 +1200

Paul Harmaty:

>I argue that on Glorantha no such myth would "in truth" mean there was NO
>SUCH PAIN.
There is no myth in the Orlanthi, Praxian or Pelorian Corpus about why people speak different languages. Yet they do. Likewise it is with childbirth IMHO.

Paolo Guccione:

Michael Schwartz had asked for additional information on Safelster. I could recommend to him the 'World's Greatest Torunament' with is about a Freeform set in Ralios and which is available from the Wizard's Attic. [I thought I sent this of earlier but it seems I didn't]

>Frederick the First invaded Italy and destroyed Milan (with some help
>on the part of rival cities),

*hiss!* [some of my ancestors were Della Torres].

>One point that makes the parallel not totally fitting is the fact that
>there has never been any religious struggle in and between the Italian
>city-states.

One could use the Albengensian Crusades which happened in Southern France (which was just as disorganized as Italy).

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #189