Non-numeric stats; Praxians

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 21:54:34 -0700

It sounds appealing to use terms instead of numbers for game stats, but it's asking for trouble. It is not clearly obvious to me that "Seasoned" is better than "Experienced" or that "Talented" is better than "Experienced" (to use two different examples). And characters would no more use standardized terms than they would numbers.

Richard Crawley wondered about Praxian herding practices.

I always played that Praxian clans had small numbers of animals from other tribes (obtained by raiding or occasionally trading with a third tribe). I don't think there's "tribal purity" except that it would be considered bad to *breed* other animals.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #190