Dieing in Childbirth

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 16:26:38 +0100

Paul Harmaty writes
>IMO, even one female character dying in
>childbirth is too
>many. I doubt the player of that character would appreciate the gritty reality
>of the situation. It would
>feel arbitrary and unfair. How it could be otherwise? It's arbitrary and unfair
>in the real World. I don't
>see the need for it in a fantasy world.

It would, indeed, be unfair to make a female PC die in childbirth unless there were strong reason to suspect she might (like giving birth to Broo, or troll giving birth to a Great Troll) and she had done little or nothing to counter the risks. It would not, however be unreasonable to allow a female NPC to die in childbirth.

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds - R.W. Emerson |