praxian bits

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 01:05:20 +0800

>no way would the River People of the Zola Fel pollute the River like
>that! Ordinary people who just live on a river without worshipping it, yes.

        Hey, think of the holy river Ganges. You can hold it in great regard and still pollute it. Besides, a many Zola Fel worshippers are fish with no alternative, which would tend to suggest against cult rules. The Zola Fel is also supposed to have the attribute of washing away uncleanliness (cf. the Pure One).

>did
>anyone else find the Cradle scenario to be vastly disappointing after
>tracking it down? It seems to be a linear monster/Lunar-bash, with all the
>fun action taking place off-stage.
>I'd much prefer to have the PCs
>in on all this lot, and relegate the cannon-fodder role to NPCs, but the
>background doesn't seem to be there.

        While I like the Cradle scenario in its current form (while the characters do just fight, at least they are at the absolute centre of the action - I think scenarios that are such big events can bend the rules by their very nature), I agree that there is very little background. A lot of it came out of the Chaosium house campaign.

        If you want to construct a scenario set earlier, original Griffin Mountain has the Giantland scenario, which is about Gonn Orta's enclave (Gonn Orta is the father of the baby). Then at least you have a setting and some characters for whatever scenario you create.

        David