giants

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:43:44 -0500

> Yes, True Giants can reproduce if there are no Gold Wheel Dancers.
> But then they have no magical guardians to protect the Cradle on
> their voyages and the survival of the child is remote. Virtually
> all the cradles in the Second Age were plundered. Therefore the
> giants decided it would be wiser not to make babies.

        The part about plundering cradles I don't understand is why the giants didn't start escorting the cradles when they discovered that they were being plundered. Imagine attacking a cradle escorted by Gonn Orta and five similarly powerfull giants. Particularly if they were armed with destructive implements that are in scale with the cradle's built in defenses. Sor-eel would never have been that foolish....

                Andrew Joelson

PS Orlanth-Cola, official sponsor of Glorantha Con IV!

	 Rosemont, Illinois   Jan 24-26, 1997
	Orlanth-Cola, a real Windy City drink!