Re: The Sainted Lokhor

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 96 10:54:48 EDT

> Paul Honigmann said:
> I figured that 100 years after the campaign ended, the person who would be
> most praised from that time by the common man would be "Saint Lokhor", a
> perfectly ordinary Sage who the PCs came across from time to time. He
> wandered the area gathering lore on the best ways to farm, ...

Yes, and in doing so, he solved the KoW's logistics problems for them. Without the big improvements of "Saint" Lokhor, the KoW would have been starved by the Greater Fronelan CoProsperity Sphere's scorched earth policy to the point where they turned in upon themselves like the Chaos army in the pre-Dawn war. Instead, they were able to devote almost all of their resources to breaking out without worrying about their agricultural production.

The result was that Zzabur sank that entire region in a last ditch effort to stop KoW's expansion.

Remember, the adoption of potato production, with its greater nutrition per unit effort even in bad soil, is what enabled Prussian militarism.

BTW: the whole business could have been stopped before anyone knew about it if the Syndic's Ban hadn't isolated the KoW's precursors safe from external attacks. Looks like Prince SNodal forced his country's fate by running away from it at full speed, just like in Greek legends.