Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #205

From: ChrisLuehr_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:39:06 -0400

Tomi Juurika wrote:

> We ended into the following situation in our last game sessio... A
>Storm Bull cultist was shape changed to an ogre.. now is ogre chaotic
>naturally? What would be Storm Bull cultists reaction when he understands
>he has become an ogre (chaotic?). Of course we know as _players_ that it
>is temporary but of course he (the character) doesn't know that.
>
> What about chaos itself, is it an physical or mental "ability"? Maybe
>both?

IMO chaos is a mental ability and a spiritual ability. The Chaos-Creature must have a special state of mind to become chaotic. In add, it must belong to a chaos cult, so that his god gives him the abilities. Your Stormbull-cultist should be saved from true chaos from his god. Stormbull as a god extreme foe of chaos can't protect his cultist from shapechanging, but he can protect him from the spritual changes. This is also in the interest of Stormbull, who knows that the shapechange is only temporal. So the god wants to keep his cultists.

Christoph