Uroxi Ogres

From: Nick Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:20:17 +0100

Hmm, I think Pete Metcalfe is right when he says that all the character would notice are some pointy teeth. Chaotic nature is dependent more upon the soul IMO, and a "normal" sorcery spell couldn't taint you. The chaotic taint comes from the need to destroy, wander around and devour things, rape your sister etc.... Certain magics could taint you with chaos, those from particulary chaotic cults. HOWEVER, Lords of Terror mentions (in the Primal Chaos description) that HeroQuests exist to cleanse someone of the chaos taint. While we know of the Zola Fel version, I think the Storm Bull will also have a version of their own. I don't think they''d slaughter the PC, this happens pretty often to their kin IMO, and it probabley just makes them even more angry. So, the temple organises it's members to help and ensure the success of the Uroxi on the HeroQuest, whilst the others go and slaughter the chaos responsible. I don't think the Uroxi would be able to use Cult powers during this though, so all reusuable magic becomes one-use, no Divine Intervention etc.....

 As for ogres being innately chaotic -- yes. Why? Because the myths say they are. Just in the same way that the medivael church had the concept of Original Sin, the ogres suffer from Original Taint. Just like the broo etc...

Nick E.
Nick the Shaman of Thed
E-Mail:wal_at_eff.u-net.com
http://www.u-net.com/~eff/
I thought Britain was Dorastor without broo, but then Sandy made it all clear to me.