Re:Future of RQ?

From: Delecti_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 16:25:07 -0400

Aloha All,

The following was posted on the AOL Avalon Hill RPG message board in the GCS section. I do not know if the poster actually works for AH as the representitive list is way out of date.

Scott

Gentlemen,

RQ4 represents years of listening to GMs, players and store owners on the part of
the editors and authors Oliver Jovanovic and Mike McGloin as well as many and contributors. Our intent is to delight the loyal RQ players and attract newcomers. There are two books under development with a release targets of first and second quarters of 97.

RQ4 will be _at_ 176 pages , black& white as well as full color art inside, we are trying to keep the price just under $20.00. There will be a large full color map inside as well. We will formally announce all of the details soon. Meanwhile, we are finishing up negotiations on a new world for RQ and will fill you in on these details as so as the lawyers complete their lawyering.

The second book "Adventures in Glorantha" presents fresh material as well as the compilation of previous Gloranthan related materials published by AH expediting compatability with elements of RQ4 . This wil be over 200 pages with at least ten maps, loads of sketches as well as color art.

Two IMTHER books by Harald Smith and Martin Crim ( actually the first will be known as " EDGE OF EMPIRE") and " WINDS OF DECEPTION" should follow soon after we receive final approval from Chaosium, Inc. Mr. Stafford has said he has confidence in this project.

The Gloranthan based Edge of Empire and Winds of Deception have adventures set around the city of Hortugarth in Imther, a small provincial kingdom of the Lunar Empires. Scenarios introduce GMs, players and characters to the city and surrounding southlands of Imther, particularly its local economics , politics and culture. It all takes place _at_ 1620 S.T. and prepares adventurous souls for the Hero Wars.

Thanks for your enthuastic support!

Cordially,
TAHGC Al Lupre
Customer Service