Uroxi Ogres

From: Lionel.Dumont_at_ensem.u-nancy.fr
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 09:25:11 +0200 (MET DST)

ChrisLuehr_at_aol.com wrote:

> If a Uroxi is changed to a Ogre, changes his mind to that of an ogre, eates a
> human, is imprisonnes, changes back to human, is confronted with his deeds.
> What would happen to his mind ?
> I think he would get crazy.

I thought he was crazy before, wasn't he ?

Well I ,too, believe a sorcery spell can't taint someone with Chaos if the sorceror isn't himself tainted. So The Uroxi would only have a new shape, but in case of an ogre, the shape isn't that different from a human one.
More, Sense Chaos can be seen a gift from the Bull, and I think the Bull would say THIS is not Chaos (well, I'm not that sureuh,  I won't even bet on that... No,no, I definitely won't bet !)

Of course, Ogres are chaotic by nature, and Shape Change confers ALL natural (innate) abilities, but can we say Chaos Taint is an ability ? For my part, I assume the Ogre race has been doomed (tainted) and you can't recreate THAT without being tightly tied to the Chaos rune (I can't remember if I read it somewhere).

But after all, an Uroxi doesn't sense Chaos evrytime, even if he is in front of something obviously chaotic... So it would have been more annoying shapechanging the Uroxi character in a broo or a gorp (what a wonderful sight, an Uroxi gorp !!!)

It leads me to wonder something:
Do you think an Eurmali can possess (or heroquest for) a divine spell which alarms every Sense Chaos, or Sense Assassin on a bad target. After all, if the Sense sthg generates some feelings, someone who has experimented them (via Mindlink or being an Uroxi or an Humakti before) could re-create this via illusion... So, the main question is: does Sense (sthg) provide you feelings (like a pronounced chill, or a little pain...) ?

If that's true, I think this will make my pesty Eurmali even more annoying !!! :-)

                                                Lionel