Sheep?!?

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:02:10 +1200

Nick Brooke:

IG>> the caecum of a sheep [was] the preferred condom.

>Kiwis, Welshmen and their ilk still use this traditional method with 100%
>success in preventing conception, better than any modern form. The trick is
>to ensure the caecum is still inside a living sheep, before commencing
>intercourse...

I must rise to the defense of my fellow citizens and point out that such practices are confined to rural folk and students at Lincoln University (a local agricultural university situated out of town and which seceded from Glorious Canterbury a few years back). Contrary to international opinion, most of us do not see sheep in our daily lives.

Incidentally there was a factory here that made condoms from sheep caecum for those who were sensitive to latex. It closed down as a result of the HIV virus - if it could pass through human intestinal tissue, then what stops it from passing through sheep intestines?