Elements

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 23:51:18 -0500

Do Gloranthans in general have any clear-cut notion of "the five Elements"? It seems to me that most Orlanthi, for example, would not think of Sylphs as one of five species of "elementals"; they'd think of them as "Orlanth's Shieldmaids" or something like that, and think of Salamanders as "Flaming devils of Yelm". I DO think that societies like the Lunar Empire and the
"more advanced" societies of the West and Kralorela would have some such
notion; however, they do not represent the majority of Glorantha.

Anybody else have something to say on the subject?

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org)

Take a look at http://www.chrysalis.org/guyhoyle/ Last revised Sept. 23, 1996
"Look! It moves! IT MOOOOVVVEESS!!!"