Spirit Plane

From: ChrisLuehr_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 14:44:53 -0400

I will not quote Nicolai Paulsens E-Mail. I think it is to long to repeat it.

But what I want to write is the following:

I myself plan to develop my own rules for the Spirit Plane and Spirit Combat, based on White Wolfs Umbra in the Werewolf-RPG. One Idea is that an attacking spirit must make itself visible to the target. Then there are 3 states of visibility:
Lets call it stage 1,2,3 and 4.
Stage 1: The Spirit is completely in the spirit-plane and unvisible. Neither side can attack.
Stage 2: Spirit is difficult to see, PC must make a Scan-Roll to find him, players and spirits get a +15 % at his attack, players none Stage 3: Spirit is easy to find, but only 50 % are in the plane of the players. Neither side gets a bonus.
Stage 4: Spirit is completely in the players plane. It is completely visible and can be attacked by normal ( or at least magickal) weapons.

I think this gives the players a help to visualize the spirits. Imagine: The players walk down a durk cave. Suddenly there stands a old man in front of them...

What do you think about this idea?

Christoph

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #222