brolia & calendars

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:33:00 -0700

Happy Andrew adds another important service to the Empire: Bat Kibble!

 How could I have forgotten? And the best part is that the qualifications are pretty easy to meet...

BTW - I am going to attempt to devise a Dara Happan four season calendar, with ten seven day weeks per season, plus a two week Sacred Time between winter and spring.

7 days X 10 weeks = 70 days

70 days X 4 seasons = 280 days

280 days + 14 days (sacred time) = 294 days.

Following Peter Metcalf's long ago suggestion, I am planning to name weeks after the escapades of the Young God in the Sky. (Frex, in Fan Week he rises in the Fan.) I would love some further input, (especially because there aren't forty things listed ont he celestisl chart horizon!) and any ideas people have for appropriate holidays for any of the Dara Happan deities.

I am pretty unclear on how other cults would interact with the solar calendar. Frex, do Oria's holidays have anything to do with the journies of the Young God? Lodril's? Naveria's? Help!

Pam