Re: Alkoth; artwork

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 14:49:44 -0700

Pam Carlson wrote

> "Rounded up all foreigners appearing to be of the Kralori kind, on
> suspicion of spreading disease. Young Khorvenus/House Urashmallek
> questioned. Guilty found, taken to Erissa temple. Remainder thrown to
> Mob, given over to the Purifier."

The only person who felt some qualms was the Sylilan "barbarian," who nonetheless knew "Kralori" was a foreign pronunciation of "Krjalki" (and linguistically related to "Krarsht" as well). He's convinced that the Alkothi are the barbarians, albeit decadent. Unlike the Sylilans, who've accepted the civilizing Lunars.

Peter Metcalfe gives the origins of some of the artwork in Fortunate Succession and Entekosiad. I'd caution against reading too much into that. It's obvious that the Wendarians are nothing like Aztecs, despite the fact that MaraDiDala looks just like Tlazolteotl.